Syracuse, NY — February 28, 2006: Electro Dynamics Crystal Corp. (EDC) has, since 1963, been a premier manufacturer of quartz-based products. EDC manufactures quartz crystal resonators, from high frequency tight tolerance items to low cost microprocessors and military specifications. EDC also produces a full line of oscillator products from clock oscillators to oven controlled crystal oscillators. EDC is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas.
History of the Company
- 1963 – Electro Dynamics Inc. began its operations producing high volume quartz crystals for the consumer electronic and automotive industries.
- 1988 – New ownership and Electro Dynamics Crystal Corp. (EDC) is formed. Acquisition of Electronic Crystal Corp., including military crystal product line (Mil C-3098) and cold weld products.
- 1992 – Established international manufacturing partnerships for crystals and oscillators.
- 1994 – Implemented use of 100% clean room manufacturing in the Overland Park facility.
- 1996 – Certified to ISO9002 Standard
- 2001 – Acquisition of OCXO and SC cut crystal product lines of Electronic Research Company (ERC)
- 2002 – Acquisition of crystal and oscillator product lines of United States Crystal Corp. (USCC)
- 2003 – Certified to ISO2000 Standard